Buying Or Refinancing A Home With A Renovation Loan?
From Streamline, Full 203k To Home Style We Can Take Care Of All Your Needs.
At first the process can be overwhelming but having the right consultant and contractor is very important. We specialize in home renovation loans and have worked with multiple consultants and many brokers and lenders. – Finance of America, Home Bridge, Norcom, Guarantee Rate, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Prime Lending, M&T Bank, Banc of California, Freedom Mortgage, just to name a few.
What is a 203k Loan
The FHA 203k loan is a renovation or construction loan, that is backed by the Federal Housing Administration. Both buyers and refinancing customers can combines the traditional “home improvement” loan with a standard FHA mortgage, which allows the homeowners to borrow their renovation costs.
A Limited 203k Loan Requirements
• A Minimum Borrowed of $5,000 for repairs
• A Maximum Borrowed of $35,000 for repairs- (this ends up to be around 30k for the renovation- for most lenders)
• There is a Limited On Some Types Of Repairs. (structural)
• A HUD Consultant Is Not Required But We Recommend It
A Full 203k Loan Requirements
• There Are No Limit On Repairs
• Any Structural Work Is Allowed
• A Minimum of $5,000 Borrowed For Repairs-
• A Maximum 110% After The Appraised Value
• A HUD Consultant Is Required
Some Common 203k Repairs
• Remodeling of Kitchens & Bathrooms
• Stabilizing Lead-Based Paint if detected
• Installation of Roofs, Gutters And Downspouts
• Installation or repair Exterior Decks, Patios, Porches
• Installation of New Windows, Doors and Siding
• Remediation of Health and Safety Issues (Mold)
• Installation or Repair of Plumbing, Well And/Or Septic System.
• Installation of Fencing, Walkways, Driveways, and Landscaping
• Installation of New Energy Efficient Heating Systems, and Electrical Service Upgrades
• Replace Missing Or Stolen Pipes